Join us at this unique Tea Party with a glass of fizz and afternoon tea.
Home-baking competitions, also tips and secrets from an expert home baker and judge Gillian Potts.
- Wed 17th June 2020
We are delighted to welcome back Gillian Potts, a well known personality in the industrial tents of our local agricultural shows as an experienced baker and judge.
Arrive for a glass of sparkling wine at 1pm, before tea is served in the garden hall in Great British Style. During tea, Gillian will share secrets of home baking and give tips for showing.
Try your hand at entering the baking classes in our Food & Co industrial section which will be judged by Gillian during the day. Prizes will be awarded!
Arrive 1pm and the day concludes around 4pm.
Industrial Classes – Please feel free to join in and bring any entries with you on the day:
- A jar of Raspberry Jam
- 3 Homemade sausage Rolls – Puff Pastry
- 4 squares of a chocolate Tray Bake
- 4 Pieces of Shortbread
For your interest:
- Summer roses and heathers in the walled garden.
- Explore the lovely grounds of Mirehouse and the lakeside walks.
- House open Wednesdays 14.00 – 17.00 last entry to house 4pm.
Image of Garden Hall courtesy of Sarah Mantell Photography